Sunday, June 29, 2008

"i can has cheeseburger"

I usually order a burger when I don't know what I want (expect the sauce-less ones at Vegie Bar).

My favourite one is the TVP Sloppy Joe from Las Vegan:

TVP, mushrooms and lots of yummy sauce on a bed of crispy greens, in a fresh homemade sesame bun, with handcut potato chips on the side. This is the best vegan burger I have ever had. I guess both David and Margaret will give it 5 stars!

They are only open Tue-Fri 11AM-3:30PM. They are currently taking a week off from Tuesday 24th June and re-opening on Tuesday 1st July)


Black Eye Pea Burger from the new Soulfood cafe in the city:

PRO:
It looks small but the pattie is a actually quite big.
It's only $7.00
There are 4 kinds of sauce and at least 5 kinds of patties to choose from

CON:
Too dry (for me).


Vegan Cheese Burger from East Brunswick Club:


Their vegan parma is good. I would say the burger is not bad.
The one I tired is the regular vegan bacon cheese burger. (Sometimes they have different kinds of vegan burgers on the Daily Special menu) The vegan bacon slice give it extra flavour.

They also make awesome vegan cakes:
Sour cherry cake (the vegan cream is SO YUMMY!)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheese Cake.


Deluxe Vegan Chicken Roll from Bowl Of Soul:

Steak sandwich was sold out. Luckily, the chicken roll didn't disappoint me.
The homemade lime mayo sauce is mouthwatering.


And I highly recommend the Chocolate Figs:

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I am a huge fan of Bowl of Soul - can't get enough of those chocolate-coated figs, either!

There are a couple of other burgers there that I haven't sampled, thanks for the recommendations. :-)