Sunday, June 8, 2008

VEGAN FOOD AND THE CITY

LORD OF THE FRIES - CHICKEN NUGGETS

(Chicken Nugget on top of chips with gravy and vegan cheese)

The nuggets are made of Chinese style mock chicken. It is great but I would not have it with gravy cos the nuggets are very salty already. It tastes much nicer when I tried it with the vegan honey mustard.

There are two Lord of The Fries in the city, you can only get the nuggets from the old store at the corner of Elizabeth St and Flinders St. But the Flinders St Station store is awesome too! There are tables and seats. Most importantly, they do Breakfast Burgers. The New York Burger is vegan.

TRADING HOURS
MON-WED 10:30am - 10:00pm
THU 10:30am - 10:30pm
FRI 10:30am - 4am (sat morn)
SAT 10:30am - 4am (sun morn)
SUN 11:00am - 10:00pm


ORTIGIA CAFE - CUSTOM MADE VEGO SANDWICH

Greasy Pretty Thing!

First of all, Ortigia doesn't have vegan food apart from the $8.50 fruit salad. However, it has the best coffee and nicest staff within 5 minutes walk from my work. I would say their coffee is as nice as the legendary Pushka's brew. They use Coffee Supreme organic fairtrade blend.

Aaron (check out his music!) once told me the Vego Sandwich is the best that he's ever had. So I tried to get them to make one for me without cheese. The guy said no in a friendly manner and explained that they are all made in advance.

One lucky day, I went there for a takeaway large soy latte. The same friendly guy was making the sandwich so I got one without cheese.

IT WAS AWESOME. The fresh warm bread has a English Muffin kind of texture. It is filled with rocket and pine nut pesto and a lot of grilled vegetables.

Ortigia
Shop 1, 443 Little Collins Street

No comments: